In the live action remake of Disney’s ‘Mulan’, to be released in 2020, Mulan has a new beau, Chen Honghui – played by Yoson An
Long-time Disney fans will know that Mulan falls in love with her commanding officer Li Shang in the original animated movie series. However, a big change is planned for the live action remake, which will be released in 2020 – Disney is getting rid of Li Shang, and bringing in a new love interest for Mulan.
Here are eight things you need to know.
1) The character’s name is Chen Honghui, and he is “a confident and ambitious recruit”, who we have never seen before in the original animated versions of Disney’s Mulan.
2) Disney has cast Yoson An, a Chinese-born and New Zealand-raised actor and filmmaker to play Chen Honghui, alongside Liu Yifei’s Mulan, and Jet Li’s Emperor of China.
3) His smile and smoulder are likely to increase the heart rates of women everywhere.
4) For Chinese movie lovers, Yoson An was in the casting department as an assistant during the production of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny (2016).
5) He is kind of a ninja. Here’s what he looks like holding a sword.
6) He is some sort of wizard. Maybe he has been to Hogwarts.
7) Yoson An has the potential to be a great artist – of the pencil-drawing variety.
8) He enjoys his wine. Soul mate material? We think so.
Want more stories like this? Sign up here. Follow STYLE on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
— Read the original article on South China Morning Post’s STYLE.